What is the difference between MHE and other rafting agencies in kolad?
- Mercury Himalayan Explorations (MHE) is a licensed adventure tour operator and recognized by the Ministry of Tourism, Government of India, and is a member of ATOAI (Adventure Tour Operators Association of India) as well as ATTA (Adventure Travel Trade Association, USA).
- MHE’s rafting guides are all CPR and first-aid trained and take swift-water rescue courses on an annual basis to upgrade their skills.
- In the world of white-water rafting, the first descents of the Brahmaputra river in 1991, Upper Teesta, Upper Indus, Nubra, Narmada and Suru rivers are all credited to MHE.
- So, when you raft with MHE you know you are in safe hands.
Who can go?
- Almost everybody other than pregnant ladies, heart patients and people with severe asthama can raft. You must tell our Rafting Guide about any significant medical and/or orthopedic condition / history. Decision to allow to raft or otherwise remains with our Rafting guide
- Minimum age for Rafting is 14 years
- Non-swimmers are most welcome. Good quality life jackets are provided which keep you floating and safe
What are the things to get along?
- T-Shirts and Shorts for rafting are most recommended. Track pants should also be fine. Salwar-kameez, sarees are a strict no. Sport shoes or floaters as foot wear are recommended and ofcourse a change of dry clothes and a towel. Spectacles are best avoided. If unavoidable, should be supported by a strap.
I do not know swimming, can I raft?
- Yes. Non-swimmers are most welcome. Good quality life jackets are provided which keep you floating and safe.
What not to bring?
- Avoid carrying jewellery, cash, wrist-watch and camera. The same is not allowed to be carried on the raft.
What else can I do besides Rafting?
- Sitesee (provided you stay for atleast a night at Kundalika / nearby region)
Beaches – Murud, Kashid, Dive Aagar, Harihareshwar, Alibaug
Forts – Raigad, Sarasgad, Sudhagad
Temples – Pali, Mahad (both are “Ashtavinayaka” Temples), Birla Temple
- Stay at Resorts around Kundalika and have a good time with your friends and families
- Visit Kolad Adventure Centre and opt for more adventure activities beside Rafting
- Speak to our executive for details
Are the stay options available nearby? Can you help us to book the same.
- There are few Resorts near River Kundalika where the adventure lovers come with family, friends or as a corporate group. Cozy stay, sumptuous food and bounty of nature make the stay here a pleasant one. A holiday here is a pleasant and memorable experience
How do I book for Rafting?
- We will soon be launching Online Bookings. Till then, please fill up the Form. By return email, we will hold the seats for you with a time-limit. Within the time limit, you need to make the payment to us. Once we have received the payment, we will issue you a voucher.
- The same needs to be presented to the River Guide. In case we have booked your transport and / or accommodation, we will send you the vouchers for same as well.
How do I make payment to you?
- Once we have received your email / form, we will hold the seats for you with a time-limit. Please make the payment (within time-limit) only after you have received our mail and NOT before that.
Please see below for our Bank Details.
- To make the payment online, use following information
Name of A/c:Infinite Journeys Pvt Ltd
Account type:Current A/c
A/c Number:502 0000 6485 712
TGS/ NEFT IFSC Code:HDFC 000052
- To make the payment by cheque
Draw the cheque on Infinite Journeys Pvt Ltd.
- To make payment by cash
Cash payment can be made in any of the HDFC Bank branch in your city using above bank details.
- IMPORTANT: Please do let us know once you have deposited the amount in our account to enable us to issue the receipt to you.
Does White Water Rafting happen daily? Are there any disclaimers that I should know before I decide to book.
- Yes. While Kundalika is the only river where Rafting technically takes place 365 days an year, there are certain instances when Rafting does not take place.
- Please Click here to go through the Disclaimers .