What is the difference between Kundalika Rafting and other rafting agencies in kolad?
- The Operations of Kundalika Rafting are handled by Mercury Himalayan Explorations (MHE). MHE is a licensed adventure tour operator and recognized by the Ministry of Tourism, Government of India, and is a member of ATOAI (Adventure Tour Operators Association of India) as well as ATTA (Adventure Travel Trade Association, USA).
- MHE’s rafting guides are all CPR and first-aid trained and take swift-water rescue courses on an annual basis to upgrade their skills.
- In the world of white-water rafting, the first descents of the Brahmaputra river in 1991, Upper Teesta, Upper Indus, Nubra, Narmada and Suru rivers are all credited to MHE.
- So, when you raft with MHE and Kundalika Rafting, you can be assured that you are in safe hands.
Who can go?
- Almost everybody other than pregnant ladies, heart patients and people with severe asthama can raft. You must tell our Rafting Guide about any significant medical and/or orthopedic condition / history. Decision to allow to raft or otherwise remains with our Rafting guide.
- Minimum age criteria for Rafting is 14 years.
- Non-swimmers are most welcome. Good quality life jackets are provided which keep you floating and safe.
What are the things to get along?
- T-Shirts and Shorts for rafting are most recommended. Track pants should also be fine. Salwar-kameez, sarees and Burkhas are a strict no. Sport shoes or floaters as foot wear are recommended and of course a change of dry clothes and a towel. Spectacles are best avoided. If unavoidable, should be supported by a strap.
I do not know swimming, can I raft?
- Yes. Non-swimmers are most welcome. Good quality life jackets are provided which keep you floating and safe.
What not to bring?
- Avoid carrying jewellery, cash, wrist-watch, mobile phone and camera. The same is not allowed to be carried on the raft.
What else can I do besides Rafting?
- Sitesee (provided you stay for atleast a night at Kundalika / nearby region)
Beaches – Murud, Kashid, Dive Aagar, Harihareshwar, Alibaug
Forts – Raigad, Sarasgad, Sudhagad
Temples – Pali, Mahad (both are “Ashtavinayaka” Temples), Birla Temple
- Stay at Resorts around Kundalika and have a good time with your friends and families.
- Visit Kolad Adventure Centre and opt for more adventure activities beside Rafting.
Are the stay options available nearby? Can you help us to book the same.
- There are few Resorts near River Kundalika where the adventure lovers come with family, friends or as a corporate group. Cozy stay, sumptuous food and bounty of nature make the stay here a pleasant one. A holiday here is a pleasant and memorable experience.
How do I book for Rafting?
- For Packages like Rafting Only, Rafting + Lunch and Rafting + Activities + Lunch online bookings are available. Choose a particular package which you want to book for and click on Book Now option, then choose a suitable date and make the payment online. Once your payment is successful you will get a confirmation email on your mail id.
- We will soon be launching Online Bookings for the package Rafting + Stay. Till then, please fill up the Enquiry Form. By email, we will hold the seats for you with a time-limit. Within the time limit, you need to make the payment to us. Once we have received the payment, we will issue you a voucher.
- The same needs to be presented to the River Guide. In case we have booked your transport and / or accommodation, we will send you the vouchers for same as well.
How do I make payment to you?
- For Online Bookings you can pay by Credit Card / Debit Card / Net Banking.
- For booking Rafting + Stay Package, once we have received your email / form, we will hold the seats for you with a time-limit. Please make the payment (within time-limit) only after you have received our mail and NOT before that.
Please see below for our Bank Details.
- To make the payment online, use following information
Name of A/c : Infinite Journeys Pvt Ltd
Bank Name : HDFC
Account type : Current A/c
A/c Number : 502 0000 6485 712
Branch : Aundh
TGS/ NEFT IFSC Code : HDFC 000052
- To make the payment by cheque
Draw the cheque on Infinite Journeys Pvt Ltd.
- To make payment by cash
Cash payment can be made in any of the HDFC Bank branch in your city using above bank details.
- IMPORTANT: Please do let us know once you have deposited the amount in our account to enable us to issue the receipt to you.
Does White Water Rafting happen daily? Are there any disclaimers that I should know before I decide to book.
- Yes. While Kundalika is the only river where Rafting technically takes place 365 days an year, there are certain instances when Rafting does not take place. There is a very low probability of the water not being released. But, in case the water is not released 100% refund of only the rafting amount will be given, via cheque to you. The Reporting Time for Rafting is fixed & not adjustable as it is dependent on the water release from the dam done by the Government authorities.
Please Click here to go through the Disclaimers .